When it comes time to defend your appraisal, are you sure that it will stand up to opposing council? Whether it’s your appraisal or your opinion on the replacement costs for buildings and other improvements for cost-to-cure designs and cost estimates, the opposing council will be ready to poke holes in your case.
As an appraiser, sometimes you are working on an eminent domain case where part of a parcel of property is condemned and the use of the remaining property is impacted. In such cases, a consultant can support your work with customized, reasonably calculated cost-to-cure estimates and designs that follow agency guidelines and eminent domain law.
When the new right-of-way severs a structure or improvements, the consultant will develop a design for removing the portions of the improvements affected by the right-of-way, while renovating the remaining portions to cure the damages caused by the property taking.
An experienced cost-to-cure consultant can assist appraisers and other interested parties by enhancing their appraisals for complex structures, improvements, and cost-to-cure values. The cost-to-cure consultant with the added benefit of relocation expertise on eminent domain projects can help in a number of ways by providing a single source and point of contact with expert knowledge in eminent domain issues including cost-to-cure, replacement costs, separation of relocation costs from cost-to-cure and replacement costs, preliminary design, and commercial construction.
Cost-to-Cure Services are Time and Cost Effective
Benefits of Cost-to-Cure estimates and designs for appraisers include:
- Quick understanding of the assignment and project issues.
- Efficient turn around of costs and reports.
- The ability to speak on most of the issues with knowledge of when to hand additional detailed explanations to other experts.
- Knowledgeable identification of additional experts that may be necessary for the project.
- Coordination of those experts for the project for their scope of work and reports.
- Distinguishing between cost-to-cure issues and relocation issues saves time and offers a comprehensive package to the client that includes cost-to-cure needs and relocation needs.
- Perform analysis of plans and costs developed by the opposing side to determine their effectiveness and reasonableness.
I support appraisers in Eminent Domain cases with timely and affordable cost reports and designs that are, typically, self-supporting.
If challenged, I stand ready to further support and clarify the cost reports in mediation, deposition, or even trial when necessary. My status as a recognized specialist in this niche comes from an extensive history of creative solutions, credibility and clarity. The documents that I prepare for appraisers are based on defensible fact and stated in detailed but understandable language and also include design drawings that are approachable for the layman.
When you have a difficult or questionable Eminent Domain matter to appraise, please feel free to give me for a free telephone consultation. I look forward to hearing from you.